This is another favorite bowl that we make often for dinner! They are filling, healthy, and full of flavor and spice!
Korean Style Beef Bowls
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tbsp sesame oil For cooking the beef and veggies
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 grated carrots
- 3 cups steamed broccoli
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil For making the spicy mayo topping
- sesame seeds Optional garnish
- In a large pan over medium heat, begin to brown the beef.
- When the beef is about halfway through cooking, add the onions and bell pepper. Cook over medium-low heat until the beef is cooked through and the onions and peppers are tender.
- Drain the beef and veggie mix, then return the pan to the stovetop over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, grated carrots, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Stir well and heat until garlic is fragrant and the carrots soften a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sriracha, and sesame oil well to make the spicy mayo drizzled on top.
- Serve with steamed broccoli, over rice or lettuce leaves. Top with sesame seeds, and either sriracha or spicy mayo, or eat it as-is!
- Feel free to swap out the beef with other proteins! Ground turkey or chicken work great in this recipe.
- You can also serve the seasoned beef and veggies on a bed of crisp lettuce if you are following a keto or other carb controlled style of eating.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute the soy sauce for coconut aminos (gluten-free and soy-free) or tamari (gluten-free).
- If you’re extra hungry, adding a sunny side up egg on top is delicious and adds to the protein!