This is a tasty way to get a ton of veggies in and get out the door quickly in the morning! Make this dish on Sunday and be ready for the week ahead with a healthy breakfast!
Veggie & Egg Breakfast Bake
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1.5 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- 1 small bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add eggs and milk to a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Chop all veggies into bite sized pieces, stirring after adding each ingredient. Finally, add cheese and seasonings and stir well.
- Pour egg mixture into baking dish. Bake for about 40 minutes, until egg whites are firm. Cool, cover, and store in the fridge.
This has helped us get out of a recent breakfast rut without additional time and effort in the mornings. My husband asked for a variety in the future that has fewer yolks and more whites, so that will be coming soon! I also wanted to note that I used plain coconut milk (in the carton, not the heavier variety that’s usually found in cans – we made the switch from almond milk due to environmental concerns awhile back. It has been an easy transition and so far coconut milk has worked perfectly in place of almond milk in cooking!) in this recipe – oat milk would work well too!