Healthy Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Pumpkin spice, the great autumn treat! For me, pumpkin season lasts from the start of September through Thanksgiving, so if you’re just as obsessed as I am you’ll be happy to know there’s more pumpkin in the recipe queue!
I tested this recipe over the weekend and love the healthy ingredients. So many pumpkin treats are full of sugar – bad for anyone, but something I’m particularly avoiding since I have fitness and weight loss goals. You can even add a scoop of plain or vanilla protein powder to this and make it a post-gym protein source!
- half banana
- half cup dairy/spy/almond milk
- half cup plain yogurt (I used Greek)
- Half cup plain, unsweetened pumpkin purée
- two teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or to taste)
- optional, tablespoon of a sweetener of your choice
Blend ingredients thoroughly and enjoy!