I’ve had so many friends sharing lists of black-owned businesses to support and while I did not create these lists, I do want to compile them into one place as they may be difficult to find over social media timelines months from now. This support needs to be ongoing! I realize that shopping is not a priority for many people who have been out of work and are trying to recover from the pandemic. My hope is that later down the line as financial burdens are eased and as we come upon the holiday season at the end of the year, this could be a great resource to shop from.
GreenAmerica has an excellent article on why you should support black-owned businesses.
I will update this post as I find new collections of links and/or businesses to feature.
- 55+ Black-Owned Plus Size Clothing Brands You Can Support
- 600+ BLACK-OWNED ETSY SHOPS
- 17 Black-Owned Occult Shops That Every Witch — And Their Entire Coven — Should Support
- A Big List of Black-Owned Goth/Punk Brands
- KimThompsonArt – Spooky prints and cards by illustrator Kim Thompson
- Mysteek Naturals – chemical free hair color
- WeBuyBlack @ Instagram – a huge IG-based directory of all sorts of black-owned businesses
- 21 Black Queer-Owned Brands And Designers To Support Right Now
Maryland Specific Black Owned Businesses
- ShimmySista – Columbia, MD – Clothing, jewelry, and belly dance
- Black-Owned Restaurants in Maryland
- Dodah’s Kitchen – the best vegan comfort food ever!