We’re continuing our sunny summer baking extravaganza! If you’ve been following along, you know that we’re on a citrus kick lately, bringing the vibrant flavors of lemons into our kitchen creations. And today, I have a delightful treat in store for you – a rosemary lemon curd cookie recipe!
Join me as we infuse our kitchen with the invigorating scents of lemon and rosemary and whip up a batch of these delightful cookies that embody the spirit of summer. My favorite part of baking these cookies, aside from having such a good treat at the end, is that I can go out to our yard and clip sprigs of fresh rosemary to use from our garden. Since we moved into our house several years ago, I have had clusters of lavender and rosemary bushes along one side of the house because I use them so often in my cooking. They smell so good, and I feel lucky to have these natural treasures right outside my front door. The bees enjoy the lavender too! 🙂
- Use my favorite lemon curd recipe found here to make these cookies.
- Make sure to allot enough time to prepare the lemon curd and allow it to fully cool before making your lemon rosemary cookies! The curd should be cooled fully in order to have the right texture for adding to your cookies.
Rosemary Lemon Curd Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lemon curd see recipe above in notes
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare a baking sheet with non-stick spray and/or a baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract and fresh rosemary. Mix well until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until a dough forms. Be careful not to overmix.
- Take about a tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls about 2 inches apart.
- Use your thumb or the back of a spoon to make an indentation in the center of each dough ball. Fill each indentation with about 1 teaspoon of lemon curd.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy these delightful Lemon Curd and Rosemary Cookies!